View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 03:48 PM   #429
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Is said partial roll-cage (roll bar technically) planned to be taller than the seat but under the rear window or full height/above rear window?

When you describe the 'down' bars from cab to bed, is your plan to keep them below the top of the front bed panel (out of sight) or in plain sight above the bed sides?

You mentioned using tubing couplers for the pass-through construction. What is your chassis anchoring plan for the tubes?
You are correct, roll bar, with angled down bars to the bed area. Please bare with me as i try to explain my idea. lol
So inside the cab behind the seats and tucked as close as possible to the rear corners of the cab down bars that will connect to the Frame, going through the cab floor. Somewhere near the floor, install heavy duty tubing connectors, they are like solid steel cut in half and then connect together by bolted connection, then the bar will go as high as possible to the roof then bend to connect to the other side, above the windshield if possible. Then in-between the two down tubes in the corner of cab, just below the ledge that is along the back of the cab have a cross bar that the harness could mount to and then look at cross bracing that bar down to the lower parts of the side bars, then if needed another crossbar above the back of the seats for bracing as needed to make the roll bar functional. Then up top on top cross bar, have another bar exist each side of the cab to the outside - Straight - then angle down to the bed area to a place that makes sense and connect to the frame. Some point in the these bars have those tubbing connectors so that i can remove the cab if needed in the future. Also have some cross bracing in these two angled bars to the bed.

Not sure if that helps or not, but please give me your feedback, anyone.
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote