View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 07:17 PM   #445
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Headliner is looking nice. Looking forward to more pics.
Thanks, Dale, I only have one photo of the vinyl cover on one of the wheel wells. I haven't been down there since last Thursday, so they probably have a lot more done. I'll sneak down there this week and take some progress shots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Lookin' great!
Thanks, Chip!

While the car is at the trim shop, I've been fabricating a fan shroud. I have twin PermaCool fans that just fit in the core support opening side by side. I wanted to be sure I had plenty of air thru the shroud at highway speeds, so I added six vents around where the fans mount. While scrounging around for material to make the hold downs for the rubber flaps, I knocked several small pieces of aluminum sheetmetal scraps off the shelf where they were sitting. Watched in horror as they bounced off the floor and into the top of the fender sitting close by.

I didn't even want to look but did anyway. No dents, but four tiny chips in the pristine paint. I'm in the process of touching them up, but it's hard to get back to 100%. Will take several days to slowly build up the layers, color sand and buff. Probably only be noticeable from less than a few feet and mainly just by me - but still. Careless mistake.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote