View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 12:50 PM   #462
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyG View Post
If my math is correct, that looks like about 0.75ft2 per sub. That's pretty small for a ported box - is that what these subs require?
Thanks for checking my math. So i went in and rechecked it and I get .89 sq ft per sub still. Used Rockford Fosgates calc and an independent one, both came up with .89. I tried inside dimensions and outside to verify and they both checked out. Each enclosure is 25" wide, 8" deep bottom, 4" deep top and stands 16" tall. These are outside dimensions - so inside dimensions would be 23.5" wide, 6.5" deep bottom, 2.5" deep top, 14.5" tall.

So the JL-Audio 10" W1v3 subs each require on a ported box .90 cubic feet or air, so i am just under that and knowing my wood cutting, i will be just over .90 cubic feet.... lol. Just for me i sent my design of the box into JL Audio and asked them what they thought. My only real issue is the port volume and size. I am trying to match what they have for volume and i think i am close. I am waiting on their response.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote