View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 09:30 AM   #44
sick472

Re: off topic a little, maybe but how do you have the energy

A lot of great advise here. I'll be 52 in a few months and hurt daily due to my shop addiction. One thing I can add is to make a list. If I'm feeling like NOT working on the truck, I'll just sit and think about it. Before too long I have many To-Do line items scratched onto paper, call it an evening and come back to it during the next shop-time. If motivation has not improved, I'll categorize the list into proper order of sequence and mark the line items that do not have to be in any particular order. Now, the list is staring me in the face (hanging on the shop fridge), begging for something to happen. Just looking at the list allows me to gauge my level of worthlessness and just pick an item that seems likely to be accomplished with my mental state and time availability...the next thing I know, I'm looking back at the list for what's next.

Sometimes it's just a quick 15 minute "get the tools ready for a particular task" line item and then it's been an hour or two and I'm putting the tools away with the job behind me.

An old friend told me once that you have to spend 10 hours a week on this hobby, or you'll never "get'r-done". There is some truth to that, but life happens and my 23 year old 72 C10 project is almost done.

Keep at it or sell out. There's nothing wrong with changing priorities (unless is for things like the TV or the like).

1972 C10
1976 C10 (parts truck)
1985 K20
sick472 is offline   Reply With Quote