View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 07:08 PM   #12
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Ramp truck no heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacefan View Post
And part of the reason the engines needed a rebuild at 100k or less.
There is a reason they move to the 195* and engines started to last 150k+ without trying. But whatever works for you is good.
I tend to think the group of factory engineers might just know more than me.
And when the outcome produces longer average live spans, with no down side. I tend to use it. Your build has a bunch of later model features added because they are better than what was offered originally. So who am I to question your opinion.
Did you put a temp gun on the hot side hose to know what temp it was when the gauge showed at the hash mark? I have 2 oem temp gauges, and they don't read the same, one shows 1/8th" difference in where the needle sits when warmed up, than the other gauge. So my trust in (at least) my factory gauges is nill.
1/8" difference are you kidding me!

First off this isn't in my 71 C-10 truck with the Computer controlled LS 6.0 in it. Yes I agree the truck with a computer needs to run hotter to make better power.

A 50 year old 350 however does not. The motor is running fine and the 195* thermostat is fine. I'd just like it to read where the engineer back in 67 said it's needs to be which is the hash mark.
The thermostat by the way only begins to open at 195* so the the temperature could be over 220*. Which is still OK but not what the engineer in 67 wanted it to be. Also this summer when it's in the 90's here it could be be over 220 mark easy. As you said your self the engineer's know more than we do so I do tend to trust them more. Thanks for your opinion though.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote