View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 12:32 PM   #630
roll_the_dice

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan K View Post
Those covers look really good in there. Gorgeous engine bay!
Thanks! I do love the engine bay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66C10LB View Post
Beautiful engine bay!
Thank you sir! the covers look better than I ever imagined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Love the look, great job!!
How is the FiTech working out for you?
Thanks...The Fitech is a weird thing. I plan on doing a write up soon about it. I am still fine tuning mine. I still haven't been able to figure out cold start where I don't have to give it throttle to start it..and let it warm up like a carburator yet, but I think I am getting closer. Some peoples fitech runs great out of the box with little fiddling and some don't, but I have heard all aftermarket EFI are the same. The truck runs good though once warmed up...just little things at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72cs20 View Post
Those valve covers really tie in the whole engine compartment. Nice job!

I like your battery cables. Did you make those? I still need to do this.
Thanks...I agree on the covers tying in the entire compartment. I bought the battery cables from www.batterycablesusa.com. with Military Ordnance Style Battery Terminal Adapters. I also bought my grounds for the engine to frame from them also...4 gauge.
My battery cables are 2 gauge. They are USA made with fast shipping..I highly recommend them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
Looks great, Andy! Once I bring my truck back to Milly, I might have to make a day trip to Savannah!
Absolutely...or if there are any car shows this year in Milledgeville, let me know and we will come up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns 66 View Post
Those look AWESOME Andy!!!!!
Thanks John! Much appreciated.
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote