View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 10:45 AM   #565
SCOTI

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
LOL, ya my friends know all about and they like to remind me about it. The young ones i tell them i am just that much closer to retire, the older, i say the same thing highlighting that i am not there yet.

May 3-7 my "Older Brother" and my very close friend are all going to vegas. Biden 100 day mark is April 30, so hopefully we are mask free!!

On the truck front, i am doing the body work on the cab so it can go to primer and final body work then to paint.... finally. I will build a spray booth in my shop with plastic drapes, filters and box fan. Never done this but 1st for everything. I was planning to do plastic on the floor, but any recommendations from anyone on the booth idea(s)?
Plastic on the floor helps w/over-spray covering the floor (important if you don't want your floor looking multi colored like a shop floor). But, building your tent so you have the ability to rinse/wet the floor before the start of spraying helps w/dust management which is a crucial part for the DIY @ home guy that doesn't have a legit booth. Plastic might inhibit the pre-spray regimen unless it's kept taught. Pick your poison.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote