View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 10:12 AM   #2384
SCOTI

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Thanks Kyle. I do like it and think it looks pretty good, but the attention to detail is not to the level I typically prefer. Given more time, I would either 1) cut my own boards for the outside edges or 2) use a flange to bolt through at the bedsides. There is an unsightly (and uneven) gap where the wood meets the bedsides. I also would paint the tubs and rear sill blue for a more ‘factory’ look, just personal preference. I also can’t shake the idea of a clean, painted (or color matched bedliner) metal floor. This will do for now, though. I need to move on to getting the front tubs installed...
Devils advocate.... The textured Line-X floor for my dually is always dirty & there is no wiping it down. And because of the 'rake' in the chassis, when you do clean it you're having to push it to the tailgate area because the drain holes @ the front panel end of the floor don't allow draining fast enough for the volume of water (dirty water).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote