View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 10:47 AM   #4804
DransportGarage

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick53 View Post
Good point. I have way too much stick out but I didn't want to cut it and waste it. Is it necessary to come in at an angle like cutting threads? I will put the 4 jaw on for the real part from the inside. I think on a 60 degree thread you come in at 29 degrees so maybe 19 degrees? Another big question is if I pull this off, should it be polished or black like the other 2 pulleys. The head and valve cover will be polished and the 6-71 and carbs are polished. I will have to call them to find out what finish is on there now.
I think I would come straight in, but I'm not an expert here. You're not really cutting a thread. It's a necking cut, so I'd plunge in straight and pull out straight.

With all the bling you've got going on, it has to shine! I'd call too, to be sure what the part finish is, but I'm 90% sure it's powder coated. Maybe someone here could chime in on the best way to remove powder coat, or YouTube it.

I'm sure you know this, but don't over-clamp the part and distort it. Be sure also that the pulley will be beefy enough after the machining.
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote