View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 11:37 PM   #2390
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Mine is Black. I considered Red for a nano-second. But if the RED faded.... It might appear pink & that is a no-go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
Wow, Chris! I've been gone for 3 months and you've done a lot. I love your build. I'm fighting home deficiencies from winter storm that us Houstonian's aren't prepared for, and a drivetrain update on my GTO, otherwise I'd be doing similar things, like the latches and door rebuilds...

Your bed floor turned out great! My plan is what you still think you want to do... metal floor with bedliner, which I currently have. The liner the PO used was a cheap one, so it's flaking, and there's some rust that needs to be tackled before I do anything, but I've considered paint matched, since everyone is right, a black liner is always dirty, unless it's brand new. Even my new GMC, which came with one from the factory, and now has a tonneau cover, is still filthy. Not sure if a body colored liner would be any different, just that it wouldn't look as dirty as quickly... Just like your current color vs a black truck.

Oh, and the color fading, like Scoti said... a non-color matched liner would look funny regardless of the color (light blue instead of medium blue?). But, pink would be awful...
Hm, I’ll have to do some more research before committing. Appreciate the positive comments.

Made some progress on the front tubs: got the passenger side bolted in and fitting nicely. Also started the process of modifying the drivers side and after removing and reinstalling the fender and inner at least 37,000 times, I have finally got it fitting the way it’s supposed to and have the panel tacked together using my new toy. Finish weld, grind, and hopefully body work tomorrow, then paint sometime in the future?...

The new Hobart welder was long overdue. I don’t know how I’ve survived this long without it. When I welded the passenger side fender the Eastwood was being weird and blowing through. When I did the exhaust it would not penetrate and just piled up. When I welded the bed floor mounts it made embarrassing looking not so sticky boogers. Last straw. There was no way I was attempting to mod this fender with that “welder” after how it had been acting. The difference between the Hobart and the Eastwood junk is astounding. Smooth as butter, making all the right bacon noises and nice little puddles...
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote