View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 01:50 PM   #4818
mick53

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

I have been working on my water pump pulley. I started cutting the grooves and it did not go well. I had a really hard time cutting the first groove and stopped before I messed it up. I worked on the front and let the problem stew in my little brain. I was ready to take it in when it occurred to me That the tool may be dragging on the pulley due to not enough relief cut on the tool. I will have to set it back up and take a look at it. I think it may have worked on the test piece due to the smaller diameter. Still rolling that around in my little brain. I countersunk the new bolts in the front of the pulley so they didn't project into the blower belt plane. There are 8 holes (2 bolt patterns) so I had to fill them all up. I cut .300" off the stainless steel bolts and chamfered them because I'm a civilized man. My lathe is super cool for cutting bolts. Of course I had to sand and polish them for aerodynamic reasons. I still need to take about .040" off the pulley spacer. I'll do that last. I may try to make a new tool and try to complete the grooving or puss out and take it in. Thank you for your time.
Attached Images

mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote