View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 09:29 PM   #1
rauto13
saving one more

71 Chevy firewall paint

I have found a 1971 Chevy C10 that I am in process of tearing down. I want to go back with an original looking paint on the firewall and interior. The truck was originally black with a white top and is now covered on the outside with primer by one of the previous owners. The paint on the firewall and inside the cab are still original without any primer sprayed on them.

I would like to paint the firewall and possibly inside the cab while I have everything stripped off the firewall. I am cleaning the front part of the frame right now and will be painting it also. I think I might use Eastwood for the chassis paint but am unsure what to use on the firewall.

I am not a painter and have never painted a vehicle before, my best experience is with spray paint. I do not want the firewall, fender edges, or underside of hood to have a really glossy color, a little shine would be ok.

So, I am asking, what would be a good single stage paint that is black and would be good for the firewall and likely later for the inside of the cab?

Any suggestions or tips on how to do this correctly would be greatly appreciated.

It has been a long time since I was on this area of this forum and it feels good to be back.
driver - 96 GMC X-cab
rauto13 is offline   Reply With Quote