View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 08:37 PM   #21
Peepaw

Re: Wiring turn signal question, purple wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_mc View Post
In addition to good bed to frame grounds, you might consider a ground from each housing to the bed or frame. That's what I did on mine just to make sure there were no gremlins messing with the tail & brake lights. It may not fix the strange issue you're having, but who knows. You probably already checked, but make sure you have the correct (1157?) bulbs in each socket. Maybe also check the sockets to make sure they're clean and the contacts at the base are lined up correctly. Edit: I see REDROCKER already suggested the extra ground straps.

New sockets and yes, correct new bulbs 1157.

All my marker lamps and sockets are new, including tail light assemblies.

95% of the wiring on the truck is new. The only left overs, are the socket that goes into the instrument cluster, and the "U" shaped plug under steering column....and the turn signal switch.

Ignition switch, head light switch, etc....all new.

The old harness was rotted/exposed and is why its all new and using as little from old stuff as possible.

The thing that is baffling me is:

I had EVERYTHING working just fine. Removed bed from frame, and BAM. This problem.

So you would THINK it would be something l did like remove bed from frame, but now that I have ground problem fixed, its still a no go.

I guess it's POSSIBLE I have bad luck and turn signal switch took a dump and pure coincidence, but part of me is telling me its something else.