View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 10:16 AM   #23
Ironhorse

Re: Mr & Mrs. Ironhorse-50 Years

Thanks all for the kind words and thoughts. As I mentioned, we have had our differences over the years but we worked thru them. Sometimes got a bit frosty in the house but warmed after a period of time, LOL.

Adding a few more pics.

The steam engine was built in 1902 for the standard rail gauge and converted to the narrow gauge rail in 1928. Did not think at the time to look at the front of the boiler to see who built it. Listening to that engine chugging up the grade and blowing that old steam whistle was a real treat.

In the ticket office I took these pics of a couple of old pot belly stoves that were on display. Sure were cool looking, love the black paint and the chrome look of those.

The boat is a 1939 Owens "Sea Craft" 17 1/2' Run-a-bout as they called it. Purchased new in 1939 and donated by the family of the original purchaser to the rail museum for display. Beautiful boat, reminded me a lot of one my folks had when I was a lad and we were living on the Texas Gulf Coast. It was a 1947 Garwood Run-a-bout with a Chrysler marine engine of some sort. Same mahogany style planking, stripped deck with a mid-hull engine and rear seat. Folks sold it when we moved from Texas as Dad did not want to pull it with our station wagon. That would be like owning an early C1 Corvette in the boat world now. Don't even have a clue what it would be worth in today's boating scene.

Last pic for the time being is a display poster of the ride attraction. Just looked pretty cool hanging next to the pop belly stoves.
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks

Last edited by Ironhorse; 06-09-2021 at 10:32 AM.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote