View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 11:12 PM   #5
rcrahn

Re: State Farm road assistance sucks and broken.

I can relate to both of the above storys. Without getting into a ton of detail here's mine. I was a AAA Premium member for 30+ years. Thinking I could save some money I asked my state farm agent about their roadside assistance. She fills me in and like a dummy I say sure, sign me up.
A couple months go by and I have this wonderful 3 day weekend planned to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were going to view the gardens at a local historic home then drive to Paso Robles for 2 days of wine tasting. We take her 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport with 2.0 turbo. Just a couple miles from our 1st stop while on the highway the check engine light starts flashing, chimes are ringing and I feel a sudden power loss, it goes into limp mode. So I call the dealer's service director who I know real well and he has a very serious tone, says don't drive it, get it towed here and we will look into it. Well, I call State Farm Roadside assistance. After much fiddle farting around it takes at least 3 calls and 1.5 hours before a truck shows up. The response from State Farm sucked. I canceled the coverage as the wife insisted going back to AAA.
As for the Santa Fe, the engine was tested and it failed due to excessive vibration (bad main bearings) so at 59,000 the Santa Fe got a new engine. Caught a glimpse of the bill and it was around $5,400. All covered under warranty. Including the free use of a loaner EV car for 2 weeks.
So yea, State Farm sucks.....same goes for Hyundai 2.0T engines
rcrahn is offline   Reply With Quote