View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 03:17 PM   #29
tdangle

Re: 700R4 TCC Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
Having the TCC lock momentarily every eight seconds when driving at a medium speed up a hill is getting on my nerves. Adjusting the relay time delay and the vacuum switch trip point just causes the issue to occur in a slightly different driving scenario, but the issue is still there. I think what I need is some hysteresis in the vacuum switch (two different vacuum levels for on vs. off). I could achieve this by rewiring my current vacuum switch so that the relay gets latched on so once the vacuum switch turns on the relay, the relay stays on even if the vacuum switch turns back off. I'd then need a second vacuum switch to break the relay latch connection once the vacuum dropped off significantly. I'm going to order a second vacuum switch so I can give this a try. Does this make sense?

*low vac = numerically low vac = pressing down on the accelerator
Can you adjust your vac switch to a lower setting, say only below 5 inches the TQ unlocks? This might help prevent the cycling going up a hill. Monitor your vacuum with a gauge while driving to see what the actual conditions are might shed some light on it.

1970 Custom Camper/C20 , GM Crate 350/7004R, Dana 60, factory AC
tdangle is offline   Reply With Quote