View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 06:40 PM   #26
Caddylackn

Re: After a number of years ... Finally finalized CB Radio and Amp

We got into the CB craze in the 70s after watching Smokey and the Bandit and watching the movie Convoy like everyone else. My mom had a Realistic 40 CB put into her new VW Sirocco. It was the CB model that had the big channel dial onto the hand microphone so you could flip through channels and talk with the same hand. We used to listen to truckers on road trips but me and my sister were always afraid to say anything to them, except once we said "hi".

I have a vintage chrome faced under dash 8 track player that I am going to put in my truck under the dash. I also have a vintage ball compass on the stand for the dash, and my CB player, which I am going to try to mount overhead. Got to find room for all my vintage accessories. Still looking for a vintage steering wheel knob. I have some vintage Grote cab lights that need installed after I repaint the top.