View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 12:26 AM   #259
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
I'm used to looking at a SBC, so it surprised me how your temp sender is above the exhaust manifold. That definitely changes the wire routing requirements.

I'm surprised they included the yellow "R" wire in your harness since you chose the HEI option. Where does that wire come from? Is it teed into the HEI BAT wire? I eliminated that wire from my factory harness when it converted it for HEI.
Their harnesses are multi-purpose, at least this one is with TCS, idle stop and anti-dieseling. So for that, lights and/or gauges. I don't know where my anti-dieseling was connected obviously, wasn't connected at the dash panel either, but the wiring inside was loose. Apparently custom means harnesses are made to suit everyone though the package reads "HEI Harness". Other than that their harnesses are built very well, so far.

Doesn't seem right anti-diesel is at the compressor, though the compressor is part of that system. I don't care, it even looks nice loose My old harness didn't have a wire for it. I may shrink wrap the cuts, and I'd like a good tape like they used along the engine. Could put a single connect for temp sender, but the fit is so good as is and not much wire to spare, not sure on that one yet.

Can't wait to see the LH side harness Lost the external regulator but they probably did a twist on that too.

Just to put a twist on it, my harness fits so well, yet here's a pic. of what's supposed to be an in-tact? 402 A/C. There's a wire harness crossing over the intake to probably the sender in the LH head
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 06-17-2021 at 12:41 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is online now   Reply With Quote