View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 04:12 PM   #2
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Anyone switched to EFI from carb using an edelbrock kit?

I have seen quite a few people I know swap to the various forms of fuel injection. From everything I have been told is that they felt it was worth it. As it improves drivibility, and starting in the cooler mornings. It does not add more horsepower in of it's self provided your carb is not wildly out of tune. In the case of the Edelbrock the single plane could add hp up top, but can soften up the bottom end.

If you go with a bolt on option like FiTech, Holley, or MSD atomic systems. Some people have no or no noticeable problems bolting them straight to a dual plane. Many people say they work better on single plain intakes like a Victor Jr. Many also say all you need to do is grind out your divider, and use a tall atleast a 1 inch spacer. Sometimes the tbi needs to see both sides of the engine so it has proper vacuum signal to the sensors.

You can use a 87 and up fuel tank or go with a aftermarket version. On my Stepside I am using aftermarket, but I will have to use a external pump. Which has its downsides, but right now it works better with my current carb set up.

In a year or so I am dreaming to swap a 4L80 in to my truck along with a Holley Terminator stealth tbi. Right now I am trying to clean up the truck, and get it back online.

As with anything is the cost. This is where a 5.3 starts to make sense from hp per dollar aspect. I am a carb guy, and love the look. So I will probably do it anyways.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote