View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 07:04 PM   #16
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Hello Detroit. What happened to truck designs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle View Post
Poseur design I call it. Taller 2wheel drives to pretend to be 4x4's... Larger gaps around the wheels to further "enhance" that lifted mall crawler look.... My truck is taller than your truck nonsense... Then toss in all the other mandatory safety requirements on top of that and you end up with designs that are afterthoughts.
I am to very tired of the faux x faux look every new truck has. I am a tiny tiny man of 5'9", and on stock trucks I can barely look into the bed. Much less grab anything. Plus the 2.5/4 drop on my 18 would still had me jumping up onto the seat. Where as my K20 with a 2" level, and 34's. Was easier to get into plus a touch lower.

My new C10 stepside rcsb looks like a toy next to the new mid sizes even. It is even technically lifted due to the tires vs stock. Plus when I drive it I can see over the hood. My 11 year old son loves it more because often times he could only see the sky in the 18 due to the door height.

When I lived by Chino. There was a guy who had a 07 or so F150 crew cab 2wd with a 12 or so inch lift with 44's.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote