View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 06:26 PM   #9
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Anyone buy re-chromed bumpers of late?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Ogden Chrome did the front bumper on our 51 GMC in 2017. Came back on time ad nice.
Nice, closer to home. First review because it's the newest. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the leads.

the best advice you can give a person in business is never forget how you got here. unfortunately these guys didn't build this business, they bought it from a great family who served all of us in the area for decades, and have no idea how it was built. I have left parts in the past, service and quality was good. this time, I left parts to be done. over a month .no contact.. I contacted them several times with no return calls, then when i finally got a hold of them, I was quoted nearly twice the original price ... and told several more weeks/months...treated very poorly by manager and staff...no concept of service i would not recommend this place to anyone...hopefully they can figure it out, it's a great business and i hope they do well and are successful in the future

But............two months ago.

"Wow , so beautiful, being one that has had alot of chrome done I'm very particular about the quality. The tell tale scuff marks , wearing grinding down makers marks , none of that with Ogden Chrome, well worth the wait , I would give them more stars if I could."

Speak of waiting, I wonder how my A/C, wire harnesses, window frames are doing, I've had stuff out since Feb. COVID is not the time to be building. I'd have saved thousands as well if this was done when I pulled it. Came across this link. Quite a few in Ca., from what I've read triple plating is the way to go and California can't do it, imports? Nice California protects us from us so much, it's really turned out well for them. https://www.vintagepartsource.com/chrome%20plating.htm
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 07-27-2021 at 06:32 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote