View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 05:19 PM   #2520
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Unfortunately.... The 'nothing here to see' visual is the more expensive route.
And more difficult, by far. Creating simple is complicated, ya know what I mean!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
No way you can compare the LOW ride height and overall stance of your Porterbuilt coilover suspension to QA1.
QA1 may be a nice quality product with a decent ride,… but as long as the stock crossmember is in place, you will always have the lower control arms too close to the ground.
Your truck is perfect!
Much appreciated. That was a big part of going with the PB stuff; I wanted to be able to drive low and not worry about dragging arms. Now I worry about dragging everything else!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Thanks for the update Chris. I don't want mine as low as yours. I really hate hitting these Oklahoma roads in mine already. What is the ballpark investment for just front and rear suspension?
I didn’t keep track of total costs on purpose, I honestly don’t want to know… I will say purchasing the front and rear kits was just the start, I think around $4500.

You might be able to get what you want with a mild dropmember up front (to raise the a-arms) and a Ridetech, QA1, or NoLimit rear kit (as low as possible without raising the bed floor). Would save a metric TON of effort by not having to cut into the body, raise the bed floor, move the hood hinges, etc, etc, on and on. It really becomes a can of worms if you want more than a 6/8 drop.

That was my original plan (even purchased the NoLimit rear kit), but I knew I wanted more, so off the deep end I went…

EDIT: see my post below, would be a killer setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
All I can say is it gets expensive to get that low & still be drivable.
Yeppers, (and complicated, I’m sensing a theme here) but what’s the point if you can’t drive ‘em? Looking at it only makes me partially happy

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 07-30-2021 at 05:45 PM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote