View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 01:46 PM   #10
biketopia

Re: EFI Tach Signal Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut74 View Post
Yes, I agree that the HEI can handle either the EFI or electric gauge cluster signally. But can the HEI handle both piggy backed to each other at the HEI TACH?

Just trying to make sure I have a heads up on any possible issues I might run into. Current thought is that I will end up just trying it and see what happens.

You don't "piggy back" anything or solder both outputs together with the sniper. Like I stated before you hook the tach output to the sniper, then the snipper has it's out tach output you hook to your gauge. If you're considering going with the sniper down load and read, and re read, and read it again for good measure the full install directions. There is A LOT of good info in there and it helps a lot to fully understand what scenario you are using and how to set it up. It helped me tons when I installed mine. Here is a screen cap showing how you hook up a tach with HEI on a sniper, and the link to the full instructions http://documents.holley.com/199r11031r.pdf
Name:  sniperHEI.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  22.8 KB

Not sure why it's so small but it's on page 22 of the link posted above

07 Silverado Classic 2wd

95 Camaro 427SBC/TH350
biketopia is offline   Reply With Quote