View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 12:51 AM   #175
89AKurt

Re: I'm legit again, my "new" '68 LB

Okay, will take the mechanical temp gauge advice. Thank you! It should fit where the radio hole is?

I was planning to get a whole horn assembly, might as well get the turn signal switch too. I replaced the switch in the '69 that I had before, so know I can. Need to get a wiper switch too.

Meanwhile, the rocker had some gnarly rusty steel sticking out, ready to get me, so I cleaned that up. Ended up doing an archeological dig. Holy cow there was some dirt, and a Mud Dauber and regular wasp nests. I'm amazed the cab hasn't collapsed.

I *had to* do something fun, that didn't require wires. My dad had this altimeter mounted in the car I grew up with. Whipped this out Sunday afternoon. It's not straight, assumed the knob was at 45°, so just like everything else, it's half-a$$ed.

Another thing got fixed, didn't take a picture. The glovebox was getting flooded. Told a guy at a cruise night, who restores these trucks (name is Dave, he is on this forum on occasion). He asked if I got a new windshield, yes I did! He suggested putting silicon caulking in, so I did.