View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 11:50 AM   #4
Accelo

Re: Who has best replacment ring & pinions?

I am unsure if any of the gears are built here in the USA anymore. Possible exceptions may be the OEM's. I just looked up one seller.

realtruck.com
Listed where the headquarters were, where shipping took place and not a single manufacturing facility. Then they use “USA Standard Ring & Pinion Gears” on their page. Seems any manufacture with USA, Chicago or a US city in the name is likely an import.

A good friend of mine when through two sets of gears in a 12" GM differential and then two more on a 9" Ford to get one to run quiet. This was for his 1968 Camaro.
The 9" was dropped shipped from a major manufacture.
I have installed plenty of them and I am not sure it's just lucky to get a quiet one.
I’m not talking about some back yard installation. I have all the tools and background to do it right. Including the pinion depth gauges for the ones I work on.
So, using the reseller with the best reputation and price is the only real advice I can give.
I have used Randy's Ring and Pinion in the past. I always get the correct part from them. However, better pricing is available else-wear.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote