View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 06:32 PM   #724
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Dual 11" Spal fans are mocked up. It was tricky getting them packaged in the available space, but they're gonna work. I had to give in and take the fan shroud/support to a local machine shop (Lindsay Machine) to have the circles waterjet cut. I fixtured the material up on my little mill but didn't have the right tooling for the job. Took the part to them on Friday and it was done this morning. They also cut the bolt holes in the exact locations as well. Went together like a Swiss clock. Their WJ machine is accurate to .0001" which is much more precise than I figured it would be. Technology - you gotta love it.

Making progress on the wiring front as well. The Holley Terminator X Max harness needed some revisions to a few of the Metri-Pak plugs. Also, some of the wires were either too long or too short, so those have been modified. Now I just need to get the harness situated. I drilled and tapped the driver side fuel rail for a fuel pressure transducer. The Holley software will use the input if it's available. I had planned to thread the sender into the regulator, but the harness dictated that I place it up front near the throttle body sensors. I didn't want to tear the harness that far apart to relocate the plug so this will have to do.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote