View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 06:47 PM   #199
ShortbedClayton

Now onto more body work updates. So when i hung doors with rubbers in that made adjusting a real bear. So I learned that when gapping stuff when building the rubbers should be there. So after adjusting the doors the best I could I had to do some work on the door edges, some grinding down and adding wire to build up edges in other areas. Also on the rear drivers door the gap to cab back was almost touching. Back to the cutoff wheel and welder we go. Massaged that back to a suitable gap. And on the passenger side the gap was wide on some spot and the suburban door never did fit the best to the c10 back so more cutting hammering grinding and welding went in there to get gaps correct or at least the best I could. Definitely been a lot more work in the body work stage than I anticipated. I was hoping to have the cab painted by Christmas but I think I got about a month of body work left and then a couple weeks of paint time so I’m shooting for middle of February on the cab and doors… fingers crossed I wanted this truck done for a show at Carlisle fair grounds the first week of august 2022. Huge goal and that deadline will be here fast with so much to do!
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

ShortbedClayton is offline   Reply With Quote