View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 05:54 PM   #18
pjmoreland

Re: Boyd Tank Installation

Before the tank could be installed for the last time, I had to run the pump and sender wires from the cab to the tank location. I used 10awg red wire for the pump power and 16awg brown wire for the sender. The final lengths of the wires were just over 17 feet, but I cut them several feet longer than that just to make sure they weren't too short. I installed the mating connectors on these wires, along with black ground wires a few feet long initially. The fuel pump connector was meant for 12-14awg wire, but 10awg wire fit alright. The included rubber grommets were too tight, so I filled the back of the connector with RTV instead. I wrapped the wires in the same non-adhesive tape used on the OE harnesses. I routed the wires loosely along the hard lines, with the two ground wires splitting off at 16" back from the connectors. These ground wires will attach to the front right tank mounting bolt. I left the wires loose at this point so the positioning could be adjusted once the tank was in place.
Attached Images

Last edited by pjmoreland; 12-23-2021 at 12:12 PM.
pjmoreland is online now   Reply With Quote