View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 11:20 PM   #60
ItWillBeSlow

Re: Interest in Dummy Gas Cap Filler Neck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
The 60-66 neck uses the same gas cap as 67-70 tank, but the neck is a separate piece. Otherwise, I'd need a big supply of old 67-70 tanks that I could cut the filler neck off of. It's just a convenient way to get a filler neck.

I wasn't planning on including the gasket since some people would already have one. If people think I should include it, then I could include the USA-made one sold by GMCPauls for $12. I would need to factor that into the cost of the dummy filler neck though.

The machine shop lead time is four weeks right now. I'm planning on placing an order for the parts within the next week or so. I would need maybe another 2-3 weeks after receiving the parts to do the welding, painting and assembly. So it will probably be a couple of months before I'm ready to ship anything.
Thanks.
Dumb question - is there a difference in the tanks for 71/72? I noticed you said 67-70 but I always thought they were all the same.

I like the idea of including the gasket personally; even if you upcharge as needed, it should lower the overall cost for those of us who need the gasket so we aren't paying to ship 2 parts. If I buy a $12 gasket from GMCp it will cost me $30 to my door with their shipping structure, if not more.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for a bit, I am very interested pending the final design. Feel free to PM me in the near future if you are trying to verify who is "in".