View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 11:24 PM   #61
pjmoreland

Re: Interest in Dummy Gas Cap Filler Neck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWillBeSlow View Post
Thanks.
Dumb question - is there a difference in the tanks for 71/72? I noticed you said 67-70 but I always thought they were all the same.

I like the idea of including the gasket personally; even if you upcharge as needed, it should lower the overall cost for those of us who need the gasket so we aren't paying to ship 2 parts. If I buy a $12 gasket from GMCp it will cost me $30 to my door with their shipping structure, if not more.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for a bit, I am very interested pending the final design. Feel free to PM me in the near future if you are trying to verify who is "in".
That's a good point about the extra shipping. I will plan on including the gasket. There could also be variations between gasket brands that could affect the fitment of the dummy filler neck clamp.

The 71-72 filler neck has a smaller diameter than 67-70. The cab holes are the same size though, so a 67-70 gasket will fit in a 71-72 truck. This is another good reason for me to include the gasket with the kit.
pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote