View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 02:03 PM   #34
special-K
Special Order

Re: Corn Dogs and Sushi

I always settled for the hot (pickled?) sausages from a jar. Never pigs feet or hard boiled (purple) eggs. That was back before bars knew what food was. Anyone remember Stewart sandwiches? I think they invented the microwave . Real roach coach quality food right there!

I stopped into a bar one day and bumped into a guy I hung out with in 9th grade, Weasel Fernandez. After a while we both decided to order a ham & cheese sandwich, about the only choice (not a Stewart). I ordered whole wheat and he ordered white. They came out and nothing seemed unusual. We both picked them up while talking/looking at each other and as we tilted them toward our mouth we both stopped. "Hey, they gave you my sandwich". We set them back on the plate to switch and they looked like the right sandwich. Picked back up to check and yep, both had white on one side and whole wheat on the other but were set in front of us looking like what he ordered! We had a great laugh, called the bartender over and she had a great laugh. Everyone in the bar wanted to know what was so funny, so the whole bar had a great laugh. The cook came out to see what all the laughter was about and found out the laugh was on him... and he had a great laugh. I think he had just snuck out back and got stoned

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote