View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 11:31 PM   #251
SCOTI

Re: "Sweet Pea" 1975 Cheyenne 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortHaul View Post
Hey Factory Guy! I was hoping you'd chime in over here. Yeah I finally bit the bullet and am plugging away at the swap.

Fuel system: I assume you've read through that separate thread I created on the subject... I will admit I've been struck with Paralysis by Analysis on the fuel issue. I've read that dual tank thread by Hatzie front to back... I'm familiar with the Pollack EFI rated 6 port switch valve, I guess I am just not 100% comfortable with that setup. I know the valve is "rated" for 65 psi, its more the thought of 6 fuel lines, held in place by hose clamps, up under the truck just leaves me uneasy. Compared to a set of nice stout An-6 fittings leading directly to the fuel rail. I just can't shake the feeling that something in that valve, or the switch and its wiring will eventually fail.
How about.... Dual tanks but only 1 EFI supply set-up?

Set the pass side tank up as your dedicated EFI supply tank. Have a driver side tank as extra capacity & utilize a cheap Carter low psi external electric pump as a fuel transfer pump only?

Un-complicates the whole switching valve/extra hose needs as far as the EFI goes & yet still allows double the fuel volume which can be transferred via a 12v toggle switch when desired.

Just thinking of easy alternatives outside of a Burb tank.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote