View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 12:22 PM   #12
Thealien

Re: Qa1 Rear suspension and exhaust...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGoNoShow View Post
So for anyone asking this same question in the future-it does not appear that with QA1s pan hard bar design (which includes a 2nd bar that acts as a brace) allows for easy routing of the exhaust over the rearend. As Thealien did on the driver side (over rearend then under the pan hard bar), I did as well on both sides. Exhaust hangs lower then I would like in that spot, but sway bar is just as low and shocks are still lower.

I took off the shocks and jacked the rear end up to the bump stops to ensure everything cleared, and realized that even on the passenger side the exhaust needs to hang low and go over the rearend then under the pan hard bar. Thealien, just an FYI but if your running it your way on the passenger side (looks like between the panhard bar and panhard bar brace), and the panhard brace is on the top adjustment on that same side, it will start crushing the pipe (assuming it’s 2.5) when the suspension is fully collapsed on the bump stops. It won’t be a problem if it’s not adjusted to the lower/lowest settings. This is what I ended up with-
I believe my bar is somewhere in the middle of that bracket. My fabricator knows how fussy I am and hates to redo things. It’ll probably be sometime this year mid to end summer before I get to start testing things out. My fabricator is actually getting out of the business. He promised me he will still help me with the finishing touches once it is out of bodywork and paint. I guess the cost of doing business in Massachusetts and the delay in getting parts and pain in the ass customers finally got to him. As fussy as I am he said he wished more customers were like me. I always had answers I almost always had the parts and when he asked for money it was there in 24 hours.

Thanks for the pictures and the update. Would love to see a few more angles if you get a chance. From underneath how it goes under the bars etc.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote