View Single Post
Old 02-05-2022, 05:46 PM   #410
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: My Dusty 71 GMCe Electruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Well, let's get the gratuitous joke out right off the bat. When you said you were going to do this I was //shocked//... You're really going to town on this -- you can go to the country later (that's a range joke ; ). Tons of progress and a huge accumulation of knowledge. I'll admit that I'm like 90% enthralled and 10% horrified. But Henry Ford said something like "if I gave people what they wanted, I would have just built a faster horse." I will also admit, that each page I turn, I picture that transmission sitting in there without an engine in front of it.. and think how crazy it would be to have a small block powered truck that looked completely stock, just with a barely odd-looking transmission. And that transmission was like a 300 horsepower supercharger. Anyway, I'm muddying the waters - unintentionally, but just letting you know that I'm not only watching, but it has engaged my thinking. Carry on my wayward son.. and while you're at it:

https://youtu.be/md3B3I7Nmvw
your SBC idea has potential and not too long ago I came across a thread where a lunatic was asking what would happen if we mated that transmotor with an LS, my initial thought was what's your GoFundMe link, ha ha

anywho one more month(ish) of dreaded winter here in Nor Cal and I'll be de ICEing the truck as the cool kids say

ICE = Internal Combustion Engine
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote