View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 04:49 AM   #729
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

So next job you,say.

I had hoped to sneak an hour in during the week, but work just was relentless, and by the time I got home in the evenings, I could not be bothered once I had dinner and sat down for an hour with Sally.

So Sunday was earmarked for that as well.

Looms laid out roughly by @nickwheeler.

Hole saw at the ready and off we went.

With the position of the gas pedal or is it petrol pedal, or throttle…… and its backing plate, there was just enough room to drill out for the large grommet and loom plus various plugs to get through on each side.

Done.

Nasty fiberglass filed back a lot to tidy up.

Both exits ready.

Inside view.

And all three looms in place.

Loads left to do still, but progress for sure.

Nick had been at me since day one when we stripped the MX5 to add a heater to the Rockit, which I kept declining.

So this week I was looking for the throttle cable and pedal

When I decided to pull the original heater/blower out of a box of bits.

Nicks face was like a kid at Christmas, and of course between it, and the original, the Mini blower that this would have been originally, fitted like this.

I may be thankful in the long run when I drive it in November…… or March if the heater keeps my feet warmer than a penguins tail.

We had agreed to an early stop, by 5.00pm as I wanted to cook Sally a Valentines dinner (nothing that special) as she had been at work all day.

But typical Nick, and me for that matter…….

The rear lights and fuel tank loom came out to also be laid out and arranged…..

Last of the nightmare pile of wires.

We should have weighed the loom, just as a matter of interest.

After this and now well after 5.00pm we also stood discussing one of Nicks best ideas that came to him while walking around in Rochester Cathedral.

Relocating the battery from the rear into the engine bay, which then also included setting out the airbox, MAF and connecting pipe.

So a bridge needs to be built, behind the engine, over the gearbox, with a battery tray. (Mocked up roughly in the photo) as well as a bit of a riser for the airbox.

And that was how my weekend ended.

More jobs added to the list of fabrication jobs.

But both of us grinning madly as a bunch of jobs of the list are now partway done.

Monday……..
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote