View Single Post
Old 02-18-2022, 01:58 PM   #5
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: I am looking at fold up bed covers

[quote=Keith Seymore;9036606]I'm afraid I'm not much help, but I did just go through the same thing for my Silverado HD.

The new cover is a soft foldable cover. I do like it, because it is kind of the opposite of the above:
a) It folds into three sections, rather than four
b) It is light, when folding or removing completely
c) It removes with no tools, just attaching or unattaching in the front with a threaded knob by hand, and in the rear with a spring loaded lever.
d) There are no additional fasteners or tracks permanently affixed to the truck bed.
e) It is a cleaner appearance, since it is a solid one piece rather than four hard sections with exposed piano hinge between them.

The only downside I see is that, since it folds into three sections rather than four, any tall items are forced to sit a bit farther rearward than with the hard cover. But - it's not a big deal - since it is a piece of cake to remove the soft cover completely.

Anyway - I hope that provides some food for thought. I can try to find out the brand of the cover I trash picked if you would like

Thx Keith Yes ,,I might be ordering off the internet and company name would be greatly liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Can’t say I would be much help either. I have the Old School roll up cover. And it’s made be a company that’s no longer around. I would say, just got to your local truck cap store. We have a few local to us. But one store in particular, has a vast variety of bed covers on display. Really, it’s just a matter of the bed size. They can measure and show you all of whats available.
Good advice as I see a lot of the advertiements do not go back as far as 1983

thx Tina ,, My brother has me thinking I would not like a roll up one ..now, the one he had he did not like was held down by VECRO and that was the part he did not like ..