View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 10:02 PM   #120
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

well it's been several days since an update,not because I haven't been working on my truck,i am but not much to show for it.this auxillary gas door I wanted to eliminate since I already had removed the 2 tanks,has proven to be pretty stubborn.i welded in 4 patches,cut 3 of them out but this one is staying.i think I can live with this one.i had a horrible time trying to keep the side straight and one more on the other side to do next.a little skim of bodyman in a can,it'll look as good as I new,i hope.of course another step ahead,and 4 back.i started up the truck yesterday to put the it outside,i had a customer's car coming in and needed the lift.the engine started but the most horrible racket came out from somewhere?turns out the new starter had stayed engaged in the flexplate and it wasn't happy.i switched it off but it kept running til I disconnected the battery,it stopped then.i checked the starter clearance today,did some shimming and seems fine again but I think I may take the nose cone from my original starter and install it on the newly rebuilt starter I bought.never a dull moment?
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote