View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 10:24 AM   #407
TKCR

Re: Restoring OEM Seatbelts

Something a little different, and for someone that I have already done some work for. These are for a 1973 ElCamino that’s being restored, and will have a set of Swivel Bucket seats. The upper retractor is different for the swivel seats, so although he had retractors, they need to be swapped to the other style to work with the swivel seats. The retractors that are needed are also tan, so we are sending these to get rewebbed in black. I disassembled everything for through cleaning and rust removal from the mounts. 2 of the lower retractor covers were broken, so some minor plastic welding fixed those. Then cleaned, prepped and freshened them up in black. Buckles were also disassembled for cleaning. The buckle covers were replaced with nicer used covers, and they also received NEW emblems. Right now they are at the point of being sent for the new webbing. Can’t wait to get these back to see how they look. Will update when they are completed.
Now this is all a learning venture for me, because I don’t usually work on anything outside the Squarebodies.
Check out the progress so far. Don’t mind the tape and marked pictures, those were more for me for reference. I also added a picture of the Swivel Seat. They are so cool, I have seen these featured on a few Restoration Shows.
Attached Images

TKCR is online now   Reply With Quote