View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 10:59 AM   #41
JayB22

Re: Help Please - 4x4 S10 swap questions

I thought I’d post some more of my progress pictures here to not clog up the S10 how to page.

I got my cab mounts built and tacked into place. I went the more simple method and just used some 1/8” 4” square tubing with a 3/16 top plate. I botched my front cab mount 1 1/4” to go over the frame. I couldn’t find a accurate reference point that would work from the 2WD frames. Measuring from the oval frame hole didn’t work nor did measuring from the frame splice. I have the extended cab 4wd frame for reference. I used the 30.5” from center of front wheels back to center of front mount. If someone’s looking for a reference mark on the frame, where the bulges out there is a 1” hole. It works out to measure from the back side of the 1” hole, back 5/8” to the front side of the front cab mount. I then just measured back from my front mount the 33.25” to front of rear mount and mounted them there. The front cab mount sits 4” above the frame and the rear sits 4.75” above the frame. I still need to sort out some body mounts as the ones off my s10 were rotten so no holes have been drilled through yet. I also still need to finalize my cab fitment before fully welding the mounts in place and adding some gussets to the rear mounts.

The body sits great over the front wheels and I’m really liking the stance it gets with the 4wd axles and the tires that came on the truck. I’m not sure what the offset is on the wheels but they stick out about 4” from the front of the hole that the lug nuts go in.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rickysnickers; 04-17-2022 at 11:31 AM.
JayB22 is offline   Reply With Quote