View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 03:51 AM   #2652
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Went over to the rental house to replace a light switch in one of the bathrooms. One of the renters has been unscrewing the light bulbs to turn the lights off. Dude, just call us and I'll come over and replace the switch! So, my wife tells me that the lights flicker in the other bathroom, and have since the renters moved in (according to one of the renters). I've been over there many times, why didn't they say something before now? Crazy. But the place they lived in previously had a slumlord landlord who never fixed anything, so maybe they think we're the same? I replace the one light switch (success), and then one of the renters tell me about how he can't find the reset button on the garbage disposal. I press the reset, the disposal is seized up. I don't have the tools with me, I was expecting to replace a light switch. I check the other bathroom. Yes, indeed, the lights are flickering. Go up for another switch, replace it, and now the lights don't work at all. I went home and got lunch and more tools, (and another light switch) and went over and got it all done. Another new switch, which actually works! We're in the process of selling the place, so I'm thinking hard about reducing the price of the house by $500 (snicker) and having the new owners replace the garbage disposal.
I have 3 "rentals' They really aren't rentals because I have family members in them.

They know better than to call me if something breaks. Fix it yourself.

My deadbeat brother lives in one of my houses and called me to say that the property taxes were due and I needed to pay them.

Really? MF'er, you live there for free! You pay them! Pay something!

He paid them. And now he's not speaking to me. I can't win.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote