View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 08:20 PM   #5174
mick53

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Oh oh oh oh my goodness, I got my hood tack welded together. I can't tell you how this made me feel. Like Brian Setzer pulled up, got out and played Rock this Town in my driveway then before leaving handed me a winning Lotto ticket. It's been 4 years since I cut that hood up. Went a number of different ways, then wham, I made it happen, wow.
I didn't think I was going to get so much done. My goal was to put my5 minutes in and just get the front end tacked, that would have made me happy, but I kept going, I just can't believe it.
The last photo shows the back of the hood. You see, I moved the good top forward to make it fit. I now will add to the back using the metal I cut off in the sectioning of the hood.
I was at a car show this morning with my wife (this is what fired me up) and studied the stock hoods I saw.
I talked about this stuff with her at the show. After I tacked it I went and got her walking her out to see what I did. She cracks me up, she gets it, she asked me some questions on what I did with a serious interest.

Brian
Does it still come apart in 2 halves?
mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote