View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 04:27 PM   #13
Phungki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
In truth the 55-1/2 though 59 frames have a lot more room in the engine area than the 48/55.1 or the 60/87 frames do.

The six cylinder radiator placement lets you mount the V8 just enough ahead of the stock V8 location when you are running an automatic so you can have clearance without mods.

One thought is that if you are running the stock rear axle and drive shaft swap yokes to fit the transmission and set your engine and trans in to get that fit correct and go from there. That would save the hassle and expense of getting a new driveshaft.

This chart compares most GM automatics that a Chevy/GMC pickup builder might use and should help a bunch. http://www.crateenginedepot.com/pdfs...Dimensions.pdf

While I was at it I found these charts. This one for guys running a GM overdrive trans

This one is a ball park measurement comparison that gives a quick idea of the differences in length and size. It's been around for years
Oh yeah that is helpful. Thank you.
As far as the rear end, I switched it to one that came out of a 76 trans am. Wheel spacing was above 1/2” different I think from bavking plate to backing plate.
Thanks again
Posted via Mobile Device
Phungki is offline   Reply With Quote