View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 10:20 PM   #4
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Flamethrower not working - need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCC View Post
This Pertronix Flamethrower distributor came on the SB 327 in my ‘68 Suburban and has worked flawlessly until now. After recently reworking the cylinder heads, I reinstalled the distributor as removed. However, now it does not produce spark.

Checks confirm that it is getting 12+ volts from the switch and good grounding. I have disassembled the dist cap and can find nothing amiss, but am very unfamiliar with this thing and do not know the diagnostic procedure. I have been unable to find such info online – even at Pertronix web sites.

I will appreciate receiving a source for such info or an explanation of the process here if not too consuming of your time. Thanks.
Try www.Pertronix.com/customerservice
I remember there is a test sequence for the coil, a certain resistance in Ohms between the terminals.
Check with the manufacturer. They are particular about using their proprietary coil with their modules.
[Could also be a burned out coil or module.]

Or you could take the opportunity to convert to GM HEI -- which if you had now, a simple trip to the auto parts store would see you with fresh replacement parts anywhere in the USA -- rather than relying on propriety parts available from only one source.

EDIT: Found it, but the diagram is inverted.
Photo: Orange lead is 12VDC from Ignition-Unfused on Fuse block.
White lead is Tach.
Module leads are RED [+] BLACK [-].
Attached Images

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 05-07-2022 at 10:37 PM.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote