View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 08:53 PM   #11
Alloyvert

Re: 1964 C10 project with questions

Fairly sure the fuel gauge is working as I completed some of the tests I found here and get the correct needle movement with the sender wire removed (pegged to full) and also when grounded (pegged empty). Since I had no idea how much fuel was in the tank, I attached the meter and watched the resistance as I added 5 gallons. It changed from 2 to 9 ohms and the gauge crept up to 1/3. So think I am good.

Spent the entire day tinkering and after confirming the battery died, moved on swapping the rusted battery tray. Then on to the distorted heater core inlet tube that wants to leak. And went down the bunny hole of removing the heater assembly to access the core. Still not sure if the inlet is salvageable as I had to really crank down the clamp to stop the drips, I decided there was no way the heater was going back in without a quick clean up.

Cleaned up all the parts in the blast cabinet except the blower and will do a quick paint job next weekend. I searched unsuccessfully to see how the fan comes off the motor and came up empty. Any tricks to remove it?

Last edited by Alloyvert; 05-14-2022 at 08:59 PM.
Alloyvert is offline   Reply With Quote