View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 12:16 PM   #16
SCOTI

Re: Anyone going ? The C10 Nationals Event ?

Well, we live in a good era. Back in the day when these vehicles were new, the king of the hill w/a 500hp drivetrain was only 500 @ the crank using a big cam, carb, & gears. The Black 73-80 I posted the pic of on the chassis dyno was single turbo/LS powered & over 550 @ the wheels w/low boost & a young lady driving it around.

The big trend I'm seeing is more high end LS powered full chassis Pro-Touring type builds. Heck, I debated keeping tabs on what was under the hood but it was too distracting. As far a trucks w/significant clean-up efforts under the hood the trophy would go to LS swaps. There were a sh!t ton of those. There were a lot that were just LS swaps w/the OE engine cover plastics as well.

I do like & am drawn to a clean, well sorted lowered truck but I like anything built right. There were many trucks w/sheet metal touching the ground. Trucks that showed obvious signs of dragging as well as damage from impacting something on the road surface. Not my thing so I walk right by them. Lots of stuff there that looked thrown together w/no attempt @ a visually clean build philosophy. No pics of those because I like stuff that's cleanly done throughout.

I even got a 5min N2TRUX catch-up session. Ken & I go a few years back (to the 90's) but we haven't seen or talked to each other much over the last few years. N2Billet & I usually reach out to each other monthly & always before a show like GG's or C10's in the Park but I guess w/Ken being >3hrs South the circle changed.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote