View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 10:16 AM   #80
JayB22

Re: Help Please - 4x4 S10 swap questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest67 View Post
I can't help you with the angles, but I was very disappointed with the motor mount plates that were specifically made for V8 swaps in S10s.

The holes for the drivers side did not line up, so I had to cut the mount and add metal. I also did not like the way the plate was not supported underneath, so I made some brackets to support them.

Also, the SBC is a tight fit, so I cut the firewall and made a small indent to accommodate the pass. side valve cover.

You are making good progress, stay with it.
So with your install you also found that the passenger side stuck back a little more then the drivers side hey? I was getting worried I had something installed out of square or possible frame damage. Looks like I’ll have to pull the cab off and see what I can do with the motor mounts. I actually came across your build thread last night when researching this and saw you had done the modification to the firewall. Your build turned out great.

I had about 1.5” of clearance under the oil pan so I have room to go down but I definitely don’t want to use all of that space up. I’d like to get the motor closer to 3-4 deg of angle but I’m not sure if I should get too hung up on that. The motor angle, driveshaft angle and rear end angle all seem to be working well together, I’m starting to thing this could be a 4wd concern. I know worst case I can put a longer trans tunnel across the floor to allow the trans to come up a bit, the floor seems to bow down a bit in the middle anyway.
JayB22 is offline   Reply With Quote