View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 02:59 PM   #1
mr48chev

Re: A.D. LS Swap Driveshaft . What did you guys do?

Joedoe pretty well nailed it.

The cost of Having a driveshaft shortened or built by a driveshaft shop depends a lot on too many factors, with some of the "big name" shops that do mail order you may be paying for that big name to some degree. My local go to shop isn't where it used to be and I don't know if they moved or if they went out of business. That is a case of find out who the local (that might be within 100 miles) go to driveshaft shop is and find out what they charge.

Used Driveshaft = Length is factor 1 but just as important are it having the right yoke to fit the trans and the right U joint to fit the pinion yoke. There are combination joints to fit fit a drive shaft with one size U joint to a pinion or trans yoke of another size but they cost about double of what a standard high quality U joint does. They work fine but some times can be hard to find if you have one go bad on the road where you probably don't want to wait a day for a parts house to get one.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote