View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 04:07 AM   #2925
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post

When I lived in Humboldt Co it was illegal ('70s), but the county commissioners turned a blind eye to the pot growing. Fishing and logging industries were both hurting and pot was bringing money into the county from the rest of the state, then the rest of the country. There were unemployed loggers growing it, not just transplant hippies. Money coming in and being spent local.
I definitely don't want to do anything illegal. (Okay I do break the speed limit from time to time ). But if it's a legal business. Why not? I don't smoke pot. Wont go near it. But if I can make money legally growing it. WTH. To me it's just a crop and my stocks haven't been doing too well lately and that's what I live on. I need to supplement my income.

My father had a greenhouse. He grew Orchids in it. One day I went in and there was pot growing in it. My father never smoked pot a day in his life.
I asked him why he had pot growing in his greenhouse.
He said his friend paid him to use the greenhouse. He didn't pay much attention to it. He just watered the plants when he watered the orchids.

I was just so shocked. My old man was the last person on earth that you would think would be growing weed. But he grew up dirt poor in the depression. He saved everything and never turned down money. He died a millionaire but you would have never known it. My mother too. She wouldn't turn on the air conditioning and sit in the heat because it would run up the electric bill.

I miss my old man. He's been gone a long time now. He would have been 103 years old last May. He only made it to 68. My mom made it to 91 but she was 11 years younger than him. She died last July and my brother died in September. They're dropping like flies around here. Sad. I miss them all. Especially my brother. I was always the f*ck up. The black sheep, the bad seed. He was a renowned doctor. He could always talk me down from the edge when things went south for me. Which happened from time to time.
We couldn't have been more opposite. But we could talk for hours. We were on the same page. Just different. I miss him terribly.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote