View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 10:54 AM   #17
KW5413

Re: The price of parts. Where do you draw the line?

How much is too much? When this becomes an issue its time to move on. I think this is why we see so many "project" cars / trucks on the interweb. Underestimated skill set, underestimated time and certainly underestimated investment. One, or any combination throws wants and dreams right out the window.

I can't do much wrench cranking anymore (thanks to being a Covid long hauler)...which is the reason I am down to one classic these days. Some items can be handled by my shop electrical tech who is pretty good with mechanical, as well. Saves me $$$ and makes him cash $$$ on the side. Anything major goes out to a local shop that has a great reputation for classic car repairs / builds. More importantly...a very honest shop.

Regardless these beasts' costs more $$$ to maintain, restore, and / or upgrade than ever before. For now, I accept this sad fact. I shop the internet as much as I can to get the best price on parts but, as many can attest, we have to be very careful with that. It seems the bad guys far outnumber the good guys. Thankfully, I have only been hosed once by another local shop.

I have to say, one reason I stuck with my '69 C10 is the availability of parts, how-to videos and last but certainly not least...this site.
KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote