View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 06:21 PM   #19
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: DMV. Third time isn't a charm

Way back in the day, it was different here in Ohio. They did it alphabetically. A-K had to get their plates (no stickers then) in either April or May, I'm not sure. Then L-Z got theirs the following month. There were always huge lines, huge like out of the building and out into the parking lot on weekends. I imagine it would have been easier if you could go during the week?
Registrations were only one year at a time, so this happened every year.
Some time in the 70s it changed to birthdays, spreading it out over much more time. Stickers started around that time too. As long as they were undamaged, you could keep the same plates, just add the new sticker.
Several years ago, they brought in the possibility to do it all on-line. Then they made it so you could register for more than one year at a time. I think it is up to 3? You can replace the actual plates during any of the registrations, for an extra fee. Two years ago, they finally dropped the front plate requirement.
That one has been a long time coming. I sure wish that the Camaro didn't have to get drilled and that ugly bracket installed. They did it the day I bought it, apparently they don't come from the factory pre-drilled, for the states that don't require it. The bracket was in the trunk.
Now, my Colorado, that has never had a front plate, has the stupid bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote